UoDemo+ Publish 15 introduced the option to attach a DLL to the demo.
You will need:
- Borland C++ 5.5 (Free Compiler) http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/20633
- Turbo Assember 5.X http://www.phatcode.net/downloads.php?id=280
Both of them are good old command-line tools, so don't expect something fancy .
The idea of the uodemo.dll is:
- You set the environment variable UODEMODLL to a DLL made using this API
- You start uodemo+.exe (Publish 15 or later)
- uodemo+.exe will load your DLL
- uodemo.dll is now in the same address space as the EXE
- uodemo.dll makes patches inside uodemo+.exe in order to redirect (intercept) calls out of the EXE into the DLL
- Because we own/write the DLL and it's written in C it becomes easy to recode certain functions/behaviours
Even though this all sounds great, it is a lot of work because to intercept and call functions inside the EXE, you need a good knowledge of the functions and structure-layouts inside the EXE. That's what the API is for, it exposes interesting functions in a more readable fashion, so you don't need to think about the assembler and internals.
This screenshot shows how to configure the API for the default test project. There are 3 batch files you can use : cfg, b and r. cfg to configure the environment, b to build to the project, r to run the project. Also refer to this screenshot:
You should edit cfg.cmd to ensure your build environment is correct with your computer.
Use b and then r to test, if you successfull you get this :
Download the project here: http://download.joinuo.com/UoDemoDLL/